a game with BALLS v2.1.4
Requirements: Android 2.2+
Overview: The use of a spheroid object in play is believed to date back to the beginning of human history. Games involving balls appear pictorially on Egyptian monuments, while there is evidence that the Greeks and Romans used ball-like objects in simple contests. All of which, of course, has merely been a lead-up to the release of this dramatic Android app, a game with BALLS.
Following the Bouncing Spheroid Object
In this game you must use small objects to repel larger objects, both of which are primarily balls. With arcade-style gameplay harking back to the days of Asteroids and Space Invaders, you must use your trusty cannon to repel incoming balls of all shapes and sizes by firing two sizes of bullets.
Bring out the big BALLS when you need to
Simple Gameplay, Complex Mechanics
To aim your cannon, choose your preferred control style: tilt or touch. You fire by tapping the screen, with one finger shooting small balls and two fingers launching the larger artillery. As you would expect, the larger balls carry more impact, but they also use up your supply of bullets faster (keep track using the bullet icons at the bottom of the screen). Also, your score is based on the number of shots fired, so shooting a strategic small ball is often better than a pair of big ones.
The object is to make sure none of the falling balls, squares, or other objects collide with your cannon. Knocking the balls to the sides will keep you safe, but watch out for a rebound as one enemy ball collides with another. Your balls also bounce around the screen crazily. The resulting melee is chaotic, which is why this is called a game with "BALLS," not "balls."
The game features four colorful themes: CLASSIC, etherVISION, Indigo NOTIONS, and bubblegum ODYSSEY. Each theme offers different gameplay mechanics, colorful backgrounds, songs, balls, and more. It's like getting four different games in one.
Each game is rated on how many minutes and/or seconds you lasted and how many balls you repelled. Climb the leaderboards and collect achievements on OpenFeint and X Game Center, then post your results on Facebook and Twitter. Show your friends who really has the best BALLS game.
- Action-packed, arcade-style gameplay
- 4 colorful and diverse themes
- Achievements, leaderboards, and social media connectivity
What's new in version 2.1.4
- Fixed an orientation settings issue which resulted in non-gingerbread devices launching in portrait mode.
- Fixed a potential save data failure which could result in the loss of points and unlocked theme data.
- Several GUI improvements
- Note: Unity games are only compatible with ARMv7 devices. Attempting to install or play this game on an ARMv6 based device (for example, the LG Optimus V) will result in failures.
- If you downloaded the previous update, you may have been affected by the above bugs. This was a mistake on our part, and is completely unacceptable. We are providing a gift of 1,500 balls to all players, and hope that this will help to recover some (if not all) of your progress.
- Known Issues:
- Exiting the application through the home button can disable the back button exit functionality on some devices. We are working quickly to identify why this occurs on certain devices, and implement a work-around. However, prior to exiting the application, the back button properly allows users to kill the application.