Wave Launcher v1.7
Requirements: Android 2.1+
Overview: A quick gesture-enabled quick launch bar always accessible with a simple gesture
Wave Launcher is a unique, gesture-enabled, quick action-bar for Android. It resembles a well-known and loved feature on WebOS phones like the Palm-Pre and works system-wide.
Regardless of any application currently running, you can swipe your finger from the virtual gesture-area at the bottom of the screen towards the middle to show the wave - A fully configurable quick-launch action-bar.
Usage is extremely simple:
- Touch the very bottom of the screen and slowly swipe your finger up towards the middle of the screen.
- When you get towards the middle, the wave appears!
- Without raising your finger, swipe left or right to select the desired application
- To launch the app, simply raise your finger from the screen.
- If you changed your mind and don't want to launch anything, simply swipe the wave back to the bottom.
- The wave can contain any application or shortcut you can add to your home screen.
- The wave can contain a direct-access icon to the built-in app-drawer.
- The wave can contain dynamically updating recently-used apps.
- Create folders on the wave. Folders are fully controllable with swiping alone.
- Customizable wave colors.
- The wave is accessible anytime, regardless of which application is currently running using a simple gesture!
- Supports custom icons from ADW themes. (More coming soon!)
- The wave responds to your finger movement, it changes its shape, icon size, and icon transparency.
- Can be enabled by swiping from the bottom, left side or right side of the screen (See the 'calibrate' screen)
- Fully independent, doesn't need to replace your home-screen app.
- Doesn't interfere with running applications.
- Small memory footprint.
- Fully customizable gesture-area with a single long-press and swipe!
- Doesn't affect battery-life!
- Tons of customization settings!
- Plugins infrastructure
- App-drawer plugin with single-tap and long-press functionality.
- Localized to 6 languages: English, Italian, French, Russian, German and Polish!
App-drawer plugin features:
- Cool animations.
- Sort alphabetically.
- Sort by last-update-time.
- Sort in ascending/descending order.
- Unlike standard home-app, icons are kept in volatile cache and memory is freed when asked by Android.
- Long-press apps to show on market, and uninstall.
What's in this version:
- Enhanced main screen: Now includes "Edit Colors" and "Plugins" buttons.
- The first 3rd party Wave Launcher plugin! Created by Contapps.
- Added "Tell a friend" option in the main screen menu, and in the Settings screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused missing apps in Edit Wave screen.
- Fixed a bug of some folders not opening correctly in landscape.