Wave Launcher v184.108.40.206
Requirements: Android 2.1+
Overview: A quick gesture-enabled quick launch bar always accessible with a simple gesture
Wave Launcher is a unique, gesture-enabled, quick action-bar for Android. It resembles a well-known and loved feature on WebOS phones like the Palm-Pre and works system-wide.
Regardless of any application currently running, you can swipe your finger from the virtual gesture-area at the bottom of the screen towards the middle to show the wave - A fully configurable quick-launch action-bar.
Usage is extremely simple:
- 1. Touch the very bottom of the screen and slowly swipe your finger up towards the middle of the screen.
- 2. When you get towards the middle, the wave appears!
- 3. Without raising your finger, swipe left or right to select the desired application
- 4. To launch the app, simply raise your finger from the screen.
- 5. If you changed your mind and don't want to launch anything, simply swipe the wave back to the bottom.
- ✓ The wave can contain any application or shortcut you can add to your home screen.
- ✓ The wave can contain a direct-access icon to the built-in app-drawer.
- ✓ The wave can contain dynamically updating recently-used apps.
- ✓ Create folders on the wave. Folders are fully controllable with swiping alone.
- ✓ Customizable wave colors.
- ✓ The wave is accessible anytime, regardless of which application is currently running using a simple gesture!
- ✓ Supports custom icons from ADW themes. (More coming soon!)
- ✓ The wave responds to your finger movement, it changes its shape, icon size, and icon transparency.
- ✓ Can be enabled by swiping from the bottom, left side or right side of the screen (See the 'calibrate' screen)
- ✓ Fully independent, doesn't need to replace your home-screen app.
- ✓ Doesn't interfere with running applications.
- ✓ Small memory footprint.
- ✓ Fully customizable gesture-area with a single long-press and swipe!
- ✓ Doesn't affect battery-life!
- ✓ Tons of customization settings!
- ✓ Plugins infrastructure
- ✓ App-drawer plugin with single-tap and long-press functionality.
- ✓ Localized to 6 languages:
NOTE: Notification icon can be disabled in the settings screen.
App-drawer plugin features:
- ✓ Cool animations.
- ✓ Sort alphabetically.
- ✓ Sort by last-update-time.
- ✓ Sort in ascending/descending order.
- ✓ Unlike standard home-app, icons are kept in volatile cache and memory is freed when asked by Android.
- ✓ Long-press apps to show on market, and uninstall.
What's in this version:
- NEW! Add widgets to the wave! Access your widgets from any app, without going through your home screen! -Added new Widget Settings.
- Change the selected wave item label background color.
- Fixed a bug that caused apps with identical name to be missing from the app list.
- Fixed a bug of default folder name not appearing.
- Permission change: Added the "Read Contacts" permission to guarantee that all widgets that display contacts work properly.